Tuesday, February 14, 2006

My Valentine 2006

Oh, it's that time again,
When the town turns red,
When the street turns Eden,
Oh, the couples are loved.

Big pressure I am,
To find my Valentine,
Bit fussy I am,
To joke, rather date Vincent Valentine.



Why did such day exist I asked,
Instead I was told to read the History,
Why should I bother I said,
Instead I watched a love story.

Depression hits in,
Misery strikes out,
Don't be sad I said within,
My Valentine was with me throughout.

Her name was special,
Oh, I love her salsa,
Her taste cures my ail,
Oh, Sarawak Laksa!



Yes, I love her,
For she is red-hot,
Yes, I love the smell on her,
For her I found my pot.

I've been like gentlemen,
For I have her favourite choc and flowers,
I've been sure I'm like no men,
For I gave her ice Milo and parsleys.

Being pleased, she liked it,
For me, she asked if I want 'Hum',
Black Eyed Peas, I sang it,
For 'My Humps' became 'Mai Hum'.

When we touched,
I felt her bowl; naughty boy,
When we kissed,
I felt her heat; lovely joy.

And then it was over,
'Please pay up' she said,
A fee I was to cover,
Paiseh, I thought I've paid.

Sadly, in a memory's line,
I'm to leave my Laska; leaving cocaine,
Soon, in a few day's time,
I'm to miss my laska; leaving to Brisbane.


Ah Mike, 2006.


Dedicated to the tasty Sarawak Laksa. I'm hooked to it!

Thanks to Ivan for indirectly providing me the idea.
*Yes, most of the contents are made-up.
**No, I'm not depressed. Can't I be creative and have fun?

P/S: Feeling creative? Write me your version of this poem! Make sure your theme is about Valentine's and Laksa or any type of food you like. I'm no poet, and mine certainly isn't anywhere great amongst hardcore poets. So anything goes.

References:-
'Hum' = Clam (Hokkein)

Paiseh = Embarrassed (Hokkein)

Black Eyed Peas (http://www.blackeyedpeas.com/)
Garden of Eden picture (
http://www.wga.hu/art/b/backerde/gar_eden.jpg)
History Channel (
http://www.historychannel.com/exhibits/valentine/)
Milo (
http://www.nestle.com.au/milo/)
RPG Gamer (
http://www.rpgamer.com/games/ff/ff7/text/char/ff7chr07.html)
Sarawak.com.my (
http://www.sarawak.com.my/travel_features/guide/laksa.html)
Vincent Valentine picture (
http://blogsimages.skynet.be/images/002/597/288_57a09696a450cc0c97e6640cb574a39c.jpg)

5 comments:

Ivan said...

YEA!!! Finally able to inspire somebody...lol.

saykhia said...

I heard the story of "char kueh tiaw mai hum, mai hum mai hum" from Alvin =P Kudos on that. And kudos to ur valentine, and also to ur poem.

Chris said...

She
Sung to the tune of She by Elvis Costello

She
May be the bowl I can’t forget
A trace of pleasure or regret
May be my treasure or the 5 ringgit I have to pay
She may be the prawns that summer brings
May be the chilly that really stings
May be a hundred different things
Within the measure of a day.

She
May be the bee hoon or the mee
May be the big bowl or the small
May turn each day into a heaven or a hell
She may be the laksa of my dreams
A smile reflected in a stream
She may not be what she may seem
If not cooked well

She who always seems to be ordered in a crowd
Whose recipe is kept private and so proud
No one’s allowed to see them or they die
She may be the bowl that cannot hope to last
May come to me from past
But I’ll remember till the day I die

She
May be the reason I survive
The why and wherefore I’m alive
The one I’ll care for through the rough and ready years
Me I’ll take her noodles and her soup
And eat them all this the last drop
For where Laksa goes I’ve got to be
The meaning of my life is She

deborah said...

Hmm.. Ah Mike... sounds familiar. Do I know you?? ;)

Ah_Mike said...

Thanks you guys. Nice er...song? Yea Debra you know me ;)