Friday, May 05, 2006

Classic: A tour on My Place Apartments

A silly name for an apartment, but that’s the name of the hostel I used to stay when I was on my first year at Taylor’s College.



My Place Apartments is located at SS15, Subang Jaya. Only two minutes away from Taylor’s College main campus and INTI Subang, the place is filled with students from all over Asia. The environment though is fucking horrible; the swimming pool was slimy GREEN and filled with bugs.

The size of the house is ideally for four people; I had to live with six other boys. That is proof that Taylor’s Accommodation is milking money out of students.

I’ll go straight to the point; that place is a fucking dumpster. The area surrounding the apartment is so damn dirty; it is a haven of rats and cockroaches! Wait, did I just mentioned cockroaches? FUCK YEA! Truly the Devil’s creation….



But I wouldn’t write about the bugs from Hell. Not yet.

First, let me show you a tour of my former home – 175Q. Each sections of the house have at least a story.

The Main Door:



See the CD on top of the door? That’s a Ragnarok Online CD. One of the boys decided to put it up because game version inside the CD was out of date. And to spoof a religion that put marked, golden paper on the wall to shoo away bad spirits. Notice the small, black patch on the bottom right. That’s where a stray dog sleeps every night on my last few months living in the house. One of my housemates was foolish enough to feed the dog. Don’t take me wrong; I like dogs and I do feed them out of care…but not so CONSISTENT to the point the dog decided to take us as its master! Loyal dog, but ugh, to follow me or my housemates everyway we go…if only the stray dog can obey commands…

It had no name, but I will name it ‘Annoying’. Maybe ‘Smelly’ too.

The Living Room:



Supposedly the study tables are for us to study, but honestly, except the last table on the right it became a storage table for us. The main table was my study table instead (only during exam period!). The TV came from one of my housemates, Lee and it is always on from 6pm onwards for Chinese & Korean soap dramas, WWE and Senario. Oh, once there was a Playstation 2 console on the table as well; but housemate and fellow PS2 owner Romeo had enough of our abuse on the machine so he decided to lock it up in his cupboard.

Have a look at the first table on the right…see the box for plastic bottles? My housemate Kenny stocks up plastic bottles of water every semester. Apparently he hates boiled water and filtered tap-water.

The floor of the balcony was always filled with live or dead cockroaches. I hate the idea of washing clothes manually with that bug around. There’s once a female cat decided to live at the balcony for a while, raising seven kittens during the first few months I was there. Eventually they moved out, but that pussy cat came back for a second family raising…erm, what a whore?

The Dining Room:



Dining room la, but we never eat around here at all (food goes to the living room…do you know food taste nicer when you eat while watching TV? :P). Once, that table was purely for my Indonesian housemate Emil to do his stuff…until he left for Canada. From there on, it also became a storage table (everything on the table was mine :D). My room is the one with the ‘Warcraft 3: Frozen Throne’ poster.

The Kitchen:



Ah, the kitchen. It’s the area where Maggie Mee and nuggets were the key words. The fridge was meant for four people, and yet there were seven of us. Actually, it’s not the seven of us in the house that made personal cold storage strictly limited; it was that Kenny that took up 50% of the space! Bloody Hell….there was some food in the fridge that was expired like months ago! Also the area where I first discovered a cockroach back in January 2003 too. I once did not clean my plates for weeks at the basin…Kenny thought I was planning to raise a goldfish with the bowl soaked with leftover chicken soup. The laundry room is at the back, but we don’t have a washing machine so that’s the least stepped location I went to. The newspapers were placed on the windows to protect privacy.

The toilet:



Ugh…as you can see, the toilet is crap. Always dirty, especially the day before cleaners come and clean. There was once a centipede that lived at the small drainage hole. About 10cm long I remember…damn hard to kill.



Oh, how can I forget the time when the boys and I disturbed Kenny when he was taking a shower! Once he sang…no, hum out a song loud enough that we can record it on tape, and then we would just switch the light off, smack the door loud and say ‘Eh, lei tar fei kei ah!?’ (“Hey, you masturbating is it!?”)



He was so pissed off he didn’t speak a word with us for a while.

Finally….

My Room:



This room is really, really small. It’s like a cubicle I tell you! I’m supposed to share the room with my roommate, but with only the bunker bed and two cupboards the room was tight for even a small dude like me! It didn’t help that I had so much stuff with me…I took up 80% of the space (sorry roomie!).



The bed’s hard. Be glad that you guys are having a softer bed during 2003. The lower bunker bed was pretty tight for even my height too. Ventilation of the room was terrible; that tiny window didn’t do wonders to the stuffy and dusty room. Lucky there’s the air-conditioning.



This was where I spend the most time at. Once I had to place the laptop on my bed, making my back feeling the pain over the few weeks. Kenny came out with the solution by buying a small table as shown on the photo. I gladly took his advice. Oh by the way, Kenny, Romeo and I had our own Internet connections…so at times I would just message them on MSN for dinner; even though their room is like next to mine! Talk about laziness…

The book “More Making Out in Japanese” is hilarious :)



Of all the housemates in that house, I am the only one that has a different roommate for almost every semester! The first was Roger, a weird Ipoh fella desperate for a girlfriend; then there’s Lee, a car fanatic from JB; Jin, my only Mongolian friend who works out at a gym, speaks almost zero English and is a fucking player; lastly a boy from Myanmar who I regretfully do not remember his name but I remember his scary ‘half-eye-open’ sleeping pattern.




Alright, that’s the end of the tour. There’s a lot more stories I can remember about this house, but I don’t want to think back some more for now. I had a lot of good times and bad times in the house. I miss the times all of us would go ‘takei’ (play game) at the Cybercafés nearby our house…mainly about Counter-Strike, shooting and swearing at each other all the time. And while I’m no longer part of the “175Q Gang”, I certainly glad that I was with good, and quite nerdy housemates instead of the gangster-type housemates I heard from other friends.


175Q Gang - Masters of the House!
(from left: Ah_Mike, Charles, Kenny, Roger, Lee(back), Romeo, Rudy)

That’s all.

Wait, forgot to tell you about the cockroaches.

On my first month staying at My Place Apartments, I had counted how many cockroaches that came to my house. Guess how many are there within a month?

The answer will come…on the special entry about Cockroaches (coming soon). The first person who guesses it right gets something from me :)

Till next time…avoid My Place Apartments! The place may be convient, but it sure is CRAP.

Next entry: Noosa trip.

References:
Only Google to thank for the bug images.

11 comments:

chris said...

cb... wtf is a bug doing in your blog ?

Ah_Mike said...

LOL! Do you like it? :P

Lily Chan said...

300 roaches

Ah_Mike said...

Nice number, but NO! Incorrect Lily...

robin said...

hey hey....
wahh.. why suddenly bring back the old memories? u miss that place isit?? ahahhaaa...
considering many accomodations available around malaysia closer to universities and colleges... think urs should rank pretty high..

Lily Chan said...

lazy to guess liaoz.. haha lucklily i stayed in ridzuan.. haha

Ah_Mike said...

Heya Robin...ya, excluding the cockroaches, I miss the times I can just walk to college, to mamak and to cybercafes...

And Lily, hey I stayed in Ridzuan for my final semester in Taylors! Which block were you at?? I stayed in B block (the peach colour building I think)

Anonymous said...

Hi, i was looking over your blog and didn't
quite find what I was looking for. I'm looking for
different ways to earn money... I did find this though...
a place where you can make some nice extra cash secret shopping. Just go to the site below
and put in your zip to see what's available in your area.
I made over $900 last month having fun!
make extra money

Ah_Mike said...

$900 only nia you annoying anonymous ass

Daniel Tan said...

It's yesterday once more... sha la la la..

DaDude said...

Thanks to ur blog, I get a glimpse of what My place apartment is. I can't live in this shithole.