Monday, July 17, 2006

And so the final semester....

Well, this is it.

The very last semester for my degree.

Another four more months and I'll be back to Malaysia.

Thoughts of Maggie Mee Goreng, Bak Kut Teh, Laksa, a real nightlife, pirated DVDs, family and friends back home came rushing through my mind.

Another four months till I say goodbye to KlubKandy, winter, Woolworths, blondes, mad blokes, babes from all over Asia, Norwegian waffles, SBS, and wine. Of course, the friends I made here over the past one and a half years.

Maybe it's not my last semester for academic education. I do have thoughts on taking up a short-course. Drama lessons to be precise. But I just do not know how to plan it and what possible scenarios that could happen in the future is beyond my knowledge.

Many asked me why I don't intend to live in Australia. Some tried to convince me with the Australian salary, the open-minded culture, the true multicultural country, the alcohol culture, the encouragement of sexual intercourse and the lack of mosquitoes.

I just don't like the lifestyle.

I want to be able to wake up at 4 A.M. and still be able to get great food nearby my house.
I want to be able to get up not feeling like I'm about to suffer from severe hypothermia.
I want to be able to say "football" and not be mistaken for the ever so confusing Aussie-rules footie.

And...

I want to be able to feel happy with those around me again.




Then a question came out:

Would I ever see her again?

5 comments:

Jason said...

Welcome home. :)

robin said...

wow.. cant wait to go home liaw meh?? ahahaa.. come to perth instead lar

Ah_Mike said...

Jason: Not just yet...but thanks :)

Robin: Yea man, home is where my heart is...and you come over to Brisbane first la!! I did my part dy...

Sam said...

You and Robin doing some kinda..."miss-kuching-blog-day" thing?

=P

Ah_Mike said...

Er......we have telepathic mind of sorts....