Monday, July 10, 2006

Nestle ® FIFA Vanilla Flavoured Toasted Rice Cereal

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Got back from Perth yesterday morning...many thanks to Robin and friends for

bringing me around the wonderful scenery of Perth. Will talk about my experience

there soon.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Although now that the World Cup is over and that Zidane ended his career in disgrace, that shouldn’t mean that I can’t write anything about this FIFA-tagged cereal. Now, this cereal is special simply because it has “magic”: it reveals soccer balls when you pour milk to it.

Wow, talk about cool.

[Scroll down to view the quick video review]

The packaging of this cereal is quite unlike most of the common ones. It has the official FIFA logo on it, and that it is embossed.



It even has a hologram and metallic print that shows the FIFA Germany 2006 logo to make it even more official. With all that though, I wander if there’s actually the unofficial product of this….Truly, all this is a sign of quality and with it being limited edition, and that at the time I had a World Cup fever I can’t resist buying it.



At the back of the box shows a step-by-step process on how to get that “magic” as well as a brief history on the match ball.



On the right side of the box shows a more detailed history on the match balls. I still love the look of the ball in 1970 and 1974; that’s the symbol of football to me, not the sanitary padding of the 2006 match ball.



Inside of the box is a shiny sealed bag.



And of course, inside of the bag is the rice cereal. You can smell a hint of the vanilla the moment you open it.



Here’s what the cereal looks right after pouring the milk.



Now wait a little bit longer.



Can you see the “magic”? :D



Well, not really magic la….

Looks and “magic” aside, I just love the taste of this cereal. It reminds me a bit of Kellogg’s Frosties, which for some reason I can’t seem to find it here lately.

The similarity lies here:



Look at the sugar content.



35.4grams for 100g serving…now that’s a real cereal for me!

If you can still get it from the supermarkets, then get it! I highly recommend this for those with a sweet tooth.



References:
List and Diagrams:
http://www.listsanddiagrams.com/archives/2006/05/magical_cereal.htm

0 comments: