Monday, September 04, 2006

Crikey! Steve Irwin's dead!

You know it is a shocking news when you immediately stop what you were doing and feeling disbelief by what you just heard.

"Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin was killed by a stingray...".

That line had the same impact as I had for the 9/11 Tragedy. I was simply stunned when I heard it on the radio.

It was just a couple of months ago when I sigh at the sight of him doing the advert for the Australian Quarantine.

And now he has Rest In Peace.

Who would have thought he would die in such a manner?

While his trademark 'Crikey!' sometimes annoy me to the fullest, I must say he's one of the bravest guys alive, wrestling with crocs and the likes. I would definitely miss his unique way of presenting and educating us about wild animals. My respect to him.

My condolences to the Irwin family. I'm sure Steve's children will grow up and be inspired by their father.

Farewell Steve. Thank you for everything you have done to educate and to entertain us.

2 comments:

MisSmall said...

I felt exactly the same way when I heard the news. I still can't believe that it actually happened. Sigh. That's how flimsy life is huh?

Ah_Mike said...

Yea...life's so fragile.

Some of us thought he might get killed by a croc someday since he is the croc hunter. Didn't turn out to be that way in the end.