Sunday, November 12, 2006

Happy 22nd B'day Ivan!

Eh, never thought I would actually wish my childhood buddy Ivan on this blog!

Anyway, our friendship came a long way back...me thinks it's during Primary 3 onwards. I don't remember what was our very first conversation about, but I sure remember the first conflict we had.

It was when we're sitting beside each other, listening to our teacher (known simply as Ah_Jen) babbling about talkcock-bullshit stories of something that can described as child-propaganda. At the time we loved the Fisherman's Friend's (or Mentos?) "Old Newspaper" commercial, and we acted out the scenes from the commercial during class.

While we repeat the "old newspaper" lines that made us chuckle so much, Ah_Jen suddenly pointed and shouted at us to, well, shut the fuck up. I don't remember if she threw a chalk at us, but I do remember the change in Ivan's facial expression. Oh man, he was pretty upset with me after that!

I don't think he wanted to speak to me again...until the next day that is :) Since then, we became close friends....

Happy Birthday dude...by the way, I still have your letters dated as far as 1996. What the heck you were writing about the X-Files group for? :P

3 comments:

robin said...

heeeeeeyyy...
ahahahaa so whats up with that x-files group thingy??
anyway, happy birthday ivan !!! aaahhahaha

ivan said...

OMG!!! hahah ask me that years back. LOL

Thanks man! i really appreciate it. 'Old newspaper!' Glad that until now we're still great friends!

Ah_Mike said...

robin: er, some facination Ivan used to have along with Fabian....

ivan: Heh...we should give ah_jen a visit no?