Saturday, July 28, 2007

PGMAJ Reunion @ 8TV Wet & Wild Party

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
WARNING: 36 PICTURES FOR THIS ENTRY! BEWARE DIAL-UP USERS!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------


Last week, I met up with my "Please Give Me A Job!" friends at the 8TV Wet & Wild Party.



The last time I went to Sunway Lagoon was like..8 years ago?



Thanks to Hisham (winner of the 8TV episode), the cast got to go in for free :) Weather was not actually good, so I wonder how the event would turn up.



The event got delayed from 11.30a.m. to 12p.m. I can't exactly pinpoint what was the cause, but traffic was heavy after all. (Read: Stop building more nonsense in Subang Jaya already!). The party started off with the Sunway Lagoon E & E doing the New Zealand Haka (which the crowd laughed at) and a Hawaiian-ish dance routine.



Not the most exciting show, but the girls' skirt sure looked like some dish scrub. As I looked as my side I saw...WAYNE ROONEY!?!?



Ah, just a kid -_-. The crowd wasn't all that excited with the show as you can see. I looked at my other side and I saw...



Belinda Chee! Wah...she's much prettier in person than in photos! Sweet...meanwhile the kiwi-wannabe men are sure fired up.



Then came the finalists from "So You Think You Can Dance".



You know, I must admit I envy the finalists. Even after the show was over, these guys can still get publicity and attention from 8tv. Heck, they even got their own "Meet the Finalists" session...what about those from "Please Give Me A Job"? Double-standards! Thankfully...the 8tv did recognized us and Belinda in particular dragged us into playing "catch the water balloon".



Somehow, all of us did not even got wet at all from this. Oh well, at least we got to pose with Belinda and Aishah :)



Farez came much later after our pose with the 8tv Quickies. From there, we just had a bit of fun with the water. I got dunked.

We continued to walk around the beach until we saw another performance by the "So You Think You Can Dance" finalists.



Seriously, I envy the attention they're getting. The following photos sort of reminded of some things. Like...



Dennis the Menace, all grown up.



The Monkey Dance.



The female Karate Kid.



The Malaysian Usher.



The Lala-Mui doing the cha-cha-cha.

After that came in a fashion show...or rather a bag show sponsored by Kipling.



Aishah & Belinda were the first to do the catwalk.



Then it was Rina & Gary.



Up next was two cute girls from "One in a Million" show (I think...). [the other girl was out of the photo]



And back to the two sweethearts :)

Then it rained heavily half-way through the bag show. So we decided to find shelter and have lunch...



...and I tell you, my lunch sucked. Since we can't bring food into Sunway Lagoon, it was expected that our lunch was gonna be crappy in the first place. So yea, my RM6 Fried Mee Hoon was cold and tasteless.



At least Natalia's burger looked tastier.

By the way, in case you're still blur on who's who...



This is Farez, winner of the episode with SEGi College. Loves to cam-whore with anyone's camera -_-.



This is Justin a.k.a James Dean. Won a scholarship from the show, and is now an actor for "Fantasia", some Malay show in ASTRO Ria.



This is Charlene & Natalia. Charlene won the task with FlyFM while Natalia won the task with MindShare.

Ok, now that you know who's who...let me introduce you to my "1st wife".



Meet Azwar, the PR guy behind 8TV. Don't worry, he's actually married and more importantly, straight.

Anyway, enough intro. Basically from this point on we got a bit bored.



Once in a while, we dropped by to see how Hisham was doing. Poor Hisham had to work while we got all wet and wild.



Hisham once asked the crowd "Who won the "Please Give Me A Job!" episode on 8TV?" and the crowd stood silent, looking at each other cluelessly. It was so obvious that the marketing for the PGMAJ was horrible...or the show just sucked -_-. How memalukan!



Here we see Farez riding the mechanical bull.

Now, there was a point where I got so bored, I took up a challenge from 8TV Quickie to put in as many hot dogs as possible. I only got 6 in, but I won a freebie :)

Sadly, due to the slight rain and water, my camera began to stuffed up. You know what a bit of water can do to the camera right? So no pictures of me stuffing in sausages :(



The camera actually still worked, but it would often zoom-in by itself and it would change functions automatically. So I had to turn it on and off so often just to hope that the camera would work normally at some point.

All I could say was that I'm lucky that my camera didn't died on me when I need it the most. Especially when it came to taking photos with...



"2nd wife" Aishah! :) and of course...



"3rd wife" Belinda Chee :D :D Ah, this was enough to made my day :) So we continued to wait for a concert that would happen later on in the evening.

When it was time, the Sunway Lagoon E & E performed a Japanese-theme dance using the Teriyaki Boyz song. No photos were taken as my camera stuffed up throughout the whole dance.

Somehow, the camera was alright when "So You Think You Can Dance" finalists performed yet again.



I still envy them.

Nonetheless, the concert featuring Flop Poppy, Jaclyn Victor, Nitrus, Dragon Red and the awesome Pop Shuvit was on right after that.



However, we were so tired from standing, walking around and playing around from 11am to like 7pm we didn't really wanna watch the concert anymore. Instead, I head home, changed and meet up with the rest at Damansara Uptown later at night. Definitely more interesting to chat away nonsense :)

So yea, the outing was fun...sure, at some point we got really bored, but I'm glad I took the time to hang out with these guys again. Oh, and meeting Belinda was good enough for me :) Kuching girl somemore, takkan don't want to say hello to her!

P.S. This is from the freebie I won for stuffing my small mouth with sausages:



Five postcards of the 8TV Quickie gang plus a T-Shirt :)



The postcards included their signatures! (Except Phat Babes, who was absent for the event throughout the day).

My precious Saturday, well-taken :) Although...now that I'm camera-less (sent to Nikon repair shop and wouldn't be getting back for a long while :( ) I guess I'll have to blog without photos or just use whatever I have.

(To be updated: videos - having trouble uploading to youtube)

0 comments: