Thursday, November 08, 2007

The Break In

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wow, I haven't updated for so long, I feel like it's my first time blogging again.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Two days ago, my brother called. He told me that our home back in Kuching was broken in. Apparently between 4.30a.m to 7a.m a burglar broke in by disassembling a window security grill at the back of our house and went straight to my parents' room, hoping to find some fortune from his misconduct.

While my parents' room was ransacked pretty bad (and bloody hell, my room too!), there wasn't any major losses. Sure, the burglar got away with some petty cash, and my mom's old watch and several jewelries...but according to my dad, it wasn't much. Oh, and rest of the rooms was left intact...apparently the burglar heard the gate opening (as my brother came back real late) and ran with his shit in his pants.

I'm glad the damage wasn't as bad as I initially thought...but more importantly, I'm really glad that my brother wasn't hurt or anything like that. My parents were still on the way back from their holiday so I'm glad they're safe too...though I pity my parents having to clear up the mess that fucker made.

This wasn't the first time my house in Kuching was broken in though. I could still recall the first time the house had a burglary attempt.

It was in 1995...12 years ago. I think it was around 3-4am when some big prick (I still recalled his fingerprints on a wall...almost double of my palm size now!) came in through the back of the 2nd floor by climbing up a mango tree the house used to have. He headed straight to my parents' room, only to encounter my dad who was just out of the washroom. A conflict was ensured, and I could recall the noises as if someone hit a cupboard and boxes dropping from the cupboard. I think my dad managed to push the guy down the stairs (or was it the other way?) but somehow he managed to escape.

And what was I doing while my dad struggled with the big mofo? I SLEPT. I slept like log, ignorant of what was happening until my mom woke me and hugged me like I was alive from the dead. Fuck, I even thought that it was nothing more than a couple of huge rats fighting.

Gee, some way to protect the family, Mike. Then again, I probably would have been taken hostage by the mofo and made the whole scenario worst. I wonder what I would be like if I was kidnapped back then, never to see my family again. Most likely to be a drug dealer I guess. Or maybe a gigolo. Er, any Datins out there wanna hire a toy boy please contact...never mind.

Anyway, I hope there wouldn't be anymore break ins to my family's house again. Or if it must happen again, please let me be aware of it earlier so that I can be legally evil and stab the intruder's balls. To be able to say "Who's your Daddy" while immobilizing them is one heck of a dream I would fancy.

Or maybe I should just stick to "Who's your Datin" thing.

1 comments:

aronil said...

Hey dude..

Sorry to have heard your house got broken into.. and whoa.. twice in your life? But .. yeah most importantly.. at least none of your family members were hurt.