Wednesday, April 30, 2008

The "Best" job offer letter I ever had.

Two weekends ago, I went back to Kuching for a job interview. Dad saw this vacancy for a sales rep in a publishing firm and recommended me to try it out as this job is similar to what I am doing now in KL.

The initial morning interview with one of the company's HR assistant took about an hour. The second interview with the bosses of the company later during the day took two hours.

And yet, despite the three hours worth of questions and answers, this company could not provide me a firm answer on the most important part of the interview: my salary.

The boss kept insisting on using the sentence "err...between RM1,000 to RM1,500 la" even after three hours of explaining my credibility and showing them my experience for the job...honestly, it was quite frustrating on my part.

I've never spent so much time on an interview and still couldn't get my salary nailed down, unlike my job interviews in the past.

To quote my dad though: "If I was the interviewer, if I said 'between RM1,000 to RM1,500' I would give you the RM1,500".

So with a slight optimism, I returned back to KL. The following day, I received a phone call from the company's HR assistant. The HR assistant mentioned that my basic salary would be RM1,200 and that my offer letter was sent to my email already.

As such, I went to check the letter. To my BEMUSEMENT.

Have a look at the letter below:



Eh? A TRAINEE Advertising Sales Rep? Since when I applied for that?

You mean after spending money to fly back for this interview and three bloody hours of talking and answering questions, I'm only good enough to be a trainee?

To relegate my current position as a sales manager to a trainee...don't you think that screamed insult?

As if that wasn't bad enough...just look at the salary offer. Yea, it's RM1,200, but with RM300 gone to petrol and RM100 gone for calling clients...that means I only have RM800 for myself.

What. The. Fuck.

How do you define basic salary?




No wonder la this fucked-up company are still advertising their vacancies in the newspapers.

Cheapskate assholes.

2 comments:

waterlily said...

hahaha.. stupid company.. if it's me i will be geram giler.

Jasonmumbles said...

Ask them go fark themselves.