Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Autocar Show @ Crowne Square

Last Sunday a friend and I went for this autocar show that was held in Crowne Square. I knew about this event from that very Sunday morning itself...so that says much about the advertising budget for the car show huh?

Interestingly, this event was organized by Enter K Karaoke...in which I failed to see the relationship between the devils on the road and singing like a devil.

Oh wait, I think I see the relationship now. Maybe Enter K's next marketing plan is to rent out these cars to us and we can sing inside a Nissan Fairlady 350Z...and drive it at the same time??? :D

Ah, full of bollocks I am. Anyway, here are some of the cars that took my interest:

The Nissan Fairlady 350Z:-



By far the best looking car at the event. I loved the way the owner designed his car...two tones of black, with a side-sticker on what looks like an Iban-tattoo inspiration of a wild beetle. Well, better than dragon right??

And check out the rims man!



Sure, there will always be the funny ones like this one here:



You've seen human armpits. Now imagine a car with white hair and animal skin on its "armpits"! Eww. Thank goodness this was on a Proton Gen-2.

And then I saw the Honda Prelude 4th generation. Ah, my 'realistic' dream car! (realistic as in can afford to buy in the future la...you think I can afford a Nissan R-35 gah??)



While it's not my ideal colour, I like this car's front.



Shame that the back wasn't as nice, especially the backlights. I'll say stick to the stock backlights bro!

The event also has some classic cars like the Austin Mini.



Now this is cute. For the definition of ugly see below:



OK la, it's not ugly la...but it's damn weird don't you think? We know this is a Perodua Kelisa not some Honda Jazz-wannabe.

I saw the Mazda RX-7 (one of Joshua's favourite cars by the way) as well. Simple and greyish-black. I like!



But then ah...



Why la the big spoiler and the big exhaust? So that I can put my dinner plate on the spoiler and a bottle of vodka at the exhaust yea?

The other cars include a Subaru Impreza WRX, a Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution (not sure if it was 8 or 9), Nissan Skyline R34 and R33, a Toyota Celica 7th generation, a bunch of BMWs and a bunch of local-made cars, a few other classic cars and some others I don't remember.

Nonetheless with the number of cars and a small parking space at Crowne Square, the event was small and slightly crampy at the covered area.



With the weather turning from stinging hot to looking like it will piss rain, my friend and I made our way to the Crowne Square building itself for a drink before we went back to the event to meet my friend's cousin who was the owner of one of cars displayed. Then we went home.

The end.

...

Wait! How can this event be a car show without the RACE QUEENS!?




I pick the left ;)

0 comments: