Sunday, September 06, 2009

St. Thomas Parish Sales 2009

Yesterday I've attended the annual St. Thomas Parish Sale. The last time I attended this event was when I was in Form 5?





It started around 7.30a.m so I thought I would bring my brother along for breakfast. Sure enough there was plenty of food to choose. But we decided to look around before buying so we ended up seeing...



...old books...



...old clothes (plenty from the 90s!)...



...and old yet super-cheap cups.

As it was very much a food fair, such non-food related items are limited to a small room. So we keeping walking, looking for food...



...and looked somemore...



...only to buy some kuih/cakes for a quick bite before heading to Carpenter Street for breakfast. I did managed to buy a couple of chicken pies off the Interact Club from St. Mary's. It was decent at best.

But really, I guess we didn't end up eating at the Parish Sale 'cause a lot of shops were selling similar items (chicken rice, chicken wings, lemang) and a number of them don't exactly look appetizing. Can't blame them since it was cooked for the masses.



Ever since I could remember this event has always been the same as it was before. It does made me wonder how to make this event a more happening event, rather the low level of excitement the Parish sale has indicated over the years.

Not too keen to really think right now, but I believe for a start creative names could be used to improve the event...



...like this one for example.

2 comments:

cyrildason said...

Frai Chicken?? Heheheh..

-cyrildason.com

ahlost said...

*LOL*

reminds me that I haven't been to St3's for quite sometimes @.@