Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Soo Wincci's MV Audition at Level Up Fitness

A month ago (yes, sorry la it was a month ago!), Miss Malaysia World 2008 Wincci Soo came down to Kuching to do her upcoming music video and she was looking for a male actor to be in her MV. Interestingly enough she and her producers decided to do the audition at my favourite gym, Level Up Fitness.



I only knew about it the morning itself, and since I sort of knew her before she got famous (and wanting her signature and photo of course!) I thought I should take a look at the audition itself. I had an injury near the eye though so I had major doubts I can be selected to begin with. No matter, I wore an eyepatch to the audition.

Upon arrival, I saw familiar faces from my gym taking part in the audition.



All the best to my gym buddies, cause they had no idea what an audition for a music video was like!!

Up first though; a man all the way from Miri just for this audition!



And he was very good at acting! My gut feeling told me he must be a freelance actor or something...

Up next was my joker friend Johnston with his audition....



I don't know what they were joking about (since me no understanding Mandarin), but all I know was he was stunned and clueless! HAHA!

It wasn't long before my gym instructor Jeff went up on stage...



And fellow colleague and Level Up Fitness trainer Mr. Taugey took his place on camera as well. Him trying to get Wincci to be his girlfriend...funny as!



So at this point, I was dying to try out the audition as well. So I signed up...



...only to be dissappointed with the criteria! :( Oh, and a broken English moment...



While I was waiting, I got to see my friend Steve doing his audition as well:



The way Wincci kept running during the set sure distracted me :P

And finally, my name was called up. I dreamt I would have gotten either the 'get-her-as-your-girlfriend' scene or the breakup scene. And...



Gee, just because I wore an eyepatch that doesn't mean I HAD TO PLAY PIRATE with her! Gargh! Don't make me be Captain Mike Sparrow!

Anyway, it was all fun and memorable night :) I'm really glad Wincci came all the way to Kuching for her MV shoot...otherwise where and when the hell can I get the chance to take photo with a gorgeus babe like her la!?



Nice for her to remember me too...although she thought I was from Taylor's A-Levels...which I'm not and I'm not smart enough to be part of any A-Levels student!



So support her music, buy original or just watch her 'Beauty with a Purpose' video on YouTube. Show your purpose to the beauty!

2 comments:

ken said...

so cool get to meet her in person =)

Ah_Mike said...

hehe yea it was a nice moment talking to her briefly. I'm sure you get to talk to her in KL! In fact do join her facebook page if you haven't yet.